The Covid-19 pandemic is raging out of control throughout the island of Oahu. We are concerned about the pressure on our island’s hospital system, the safety of our children who are not able to be vaccinated, and the general health and welfare of our community and economy.
As the executive leaders of our State and County, we request your immediate action and attention to this escalating crisis. We ask for the following course of action:
1. Mandatory testing of all visitors to Hawaii, pre and post-arrival
2. A temporary 2-3 week shutdown to bring case counts down
3. Suspension of all large gatherings
4. Keep safe outdoor spaces open (beaches and parks)
5. Use surplus federal and local dollars to ease the economic pain of a temporary shutdown
We need action. Thank you for your attention.
Kim Coco Iwamoto
Trish La Chica
Healani Sonoda, Ka Lahui Hawai’i Komike Kalai’aina