- 7 months —Keiki Care, the only universal health care program for children in the nation, has been cut only 7 months after being implemented.
- 2,000 —The number of children covered under the program, which will be terminated as of November 1.
- $50,000 —The monthly cost to run the program.
- $25.50 —The monthly cost for the program, per child.
- 3,500 to 16,000 —The estimated number of children lacking health coverage in Hawai'i.
- $55 —The monthly cost per child for the HMSA Children's Plan, a much costlier alternative to the Keiki Care program.
- $900 million —The state's anticipated budget shortfall in 2011.
- $1.8 million —Approximate amount saved over three years by cutting the Keiki Care program.