Mililani/Waipio/Melemanu Neighborhood Board to discuss speeding, noise, and developments
The Mililani/Waipio/Melemanu Neighborhood Board will be holding its regular monthly meeting on Wednesday, January 26 at 7:30 p.m. at Mililani Recreation Center III. On the agenda are the regular monthly reports from the Honolulu Fire Department, Honolulu Police Department, the Honolulu Rail Transit Project, and the Board of Water Supply.
During the public forum portion of the meeting, the board will discuss speeding on Kipapa Drive, a proposed affordable rental housing development in Mililani Mauka, and a Koa Ridge Zone Change Presentation.
New board business includes a resolution relating to late night noise in Mililani, a resolution relating to speeding on Kipapa Drive, and a resolution requesting that the Department of Transportation Services Explore a public/private partnership with the Mililani Town Association in administering the “long-awaited use of the Transit Center Meeting Room by community members and organizations.”
The full meeting agenda can be read below.
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday January 26, 2011
MILILANI RECREATION CENTER III
95-281 Kaloapau Street
I. CALL TO ORDER/ PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, Dick Poirier, Chair
II. APPROVAL OF REGULAR MEETING MINUTES OF OCTOBER 27, 2010
III. COMMUNITY FORUM
A. Honolulu Fire Department
B. Honolulu Police Department
D. Board of Water Supply
E. Honolulu Rail Transit Project
F. Other Community Concerns
G. Recognition Awards: US Army Hawaii
IV. PUBLIC FORUM
· Speeding on Kipapa Drive, David Thomson, Resident
· Proposed Affordable Rental Housing Development in Mililani Mauka, CARE Hawaii Representative
· Koa Ridge Zone Change Presentation, Rodney Funakoshi, Castle & Cooke Homes Hawaii, Inc.
V. REPORTS OF PUBLIC OFFICIALS
A. Mayor’s Representative
B. City Council Reports – Nestor Garcia, Council Member
C. Senator Michelle Kidani
D. Representative Marilyn Lee
E. Representative Ryan Yamane
VI. COMMITTEE AND OTHER REPORTS
A. Treasurer – Carol Siegel
B. Planning & Zoning – Doug Thomas, Chair
C. Recreation – Charlie Remington, Chair
D. Transportation – Keith Hamada, Chair
E. Civil Defense/Military – Danny Bass
F. Education – Resa Tsuneyoshi, Chair
G. Solid Waste/Hickam POL – Jessie Weinberger, Chair
H. Health & Safety/Public Health – Pua Iuli Chair
I. Recognition/Service Awards – Josie Kaanehe, Chair
J. Oahu Arts Center - Ann Freed, Chair
K. Publicity/Public Relations – Dennis Imamura, Chair
L. Telecommunications – Rodney Park, Chair
M. Chair’s Report
VII. NEW BUSINESS
· Resolution Relating to Late Night Noise in Mililani (Doug Thomas)
· Resolution Relating to Speeding on Kipapa Drive (Jessie Weinberger)
· Resolution Requesting that the Department of Transportation Services Explore a Public/Private Partnership with the Mililani Town Association in Administering the Long-Awaited Use of the Transit Center Meeting Room by Community Members and Organizations (Karen Loomis)
· Next Board Meeting will be at Mililani Recreation Center III, Wednesday, February 22, 2011 at 7:30 p.m.
· Videotape of Board meetings are scheduled to be shown on ‘Olelo Channel 54, Sundays, at Noon.