The Wahiawa/Whitmore Village Neighborhood Board will meet for their regular meeting on Monday, February 28 at the Wahiawa Recreation Center.
On the agenda are the monthly City reports and resident concerns. Board business includes discussion about the status of the California Avenue repairs and the appointment of legislative and Military Affairs Committee.
The board will also review the T.V. show Off the Map, discuss an update of Central Oahu Sustainable Communities Plan and the Wahiawa Pineapple Festival scheduled for May 2011.
The complete meeting agenda is below.
***Please Note Change in Date***
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2011
WAHIAWA RECREATION CENTER
1339 KILANI AVENUE, WAHIAWA
Rules of Speaking: Anyone wishing to speak is asked to raise their hand, and when recognized by the Chair, to address comments to the Chair. Speakers are encouraged to keep their comments under 3 minutes, and those giving reports are urged to keep their reports under 3 minutes. Please silence all electronic devices. Note: The Board may take action on any agenda item. As required by the State Sunshine Law (HRS 92), specific issues not noted on this agenda cannot be voted on, unless added to the agenda.
I. OPENING CEREMONIES AT 6:55 p.m.
A. Introduction of Guests
B. Pledge of Allegiance
II. CALL TO ORDER AT 7:00 p.m. – Chair Ben Acohido
III. OFFICIAL’S MONTHLY REPORTS: (Limited to 3 minutes each)
A. First Responders and Defenders
1. Honolulu Fire Department
2. Honolulu Police Department
3. Emergency Medical Services
4. Armed Forces: a) United States Army 2) United States Navy
B. Mayor Peter Carlisle’s Representative
C. Board of Water Supply
D. Councilmember Ernie Martin
E. Elected Officials: 1) Governor’s Representative 2) Senator Donavan Dela Cruz 3) Representative Marcus Oshiro 4) Congressional Delegates
IV. RESIDENTS’/COMMUNITY CONCERNS: (Limited to 3 minutes each)
V. APPROVAL OF REGULAR MEETING MINUTES – JANUARY 24, 2010
A. Environmantal Project [KA LEO – Leilehua High School] – MS. KAREN YAMAMOTO
B. Certificates of Appreciation
A. Treasurer – Dean Harvest
B. Committees: 1) Transportation – Joe Francher, 2) Dam/Waterway – Hugh Lowery
C. Community Organizations: 1) Wahiawa Community Base Development Organization, 2) Wahiawa Business Community Association, 3) Whitmore Village Community Organization, 4) Any Other Reports
VIII. BOARD BUSINESS:
A. Unfinished Business
1. Status of California Avenue Repairs and Side Walks – Representatives City DTS, DPP
2. Aloha Event for Major Elements of 25th Infantry Division in March 2011
3. Appointment of: Legislative and Military Affairs Committee
B. New Business
1. TV REVIEW – “OFF THE MAP” - J. Ishikawa
2. Update of Central Oahu Sustainable Communities Plan – J. Francher
3. Wahiawa Pineapple Festival May 2011 – Grace Dixon
4. Establish Government Affairs and Military Relations Committee
5. Aloha Ceremony for returning and deploying 25 ID Brigades in April 2011
A. The Next Regular Board Meeting is Monday, March 24, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. at Wahiawa Recreation Center
B. No March meeting for Committee of the Whole.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE FOLLOWS IMMEDIATELY AFTER ADJOURNMENT.
OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.