City reports, antennas, and audio equipment to be discussed at Mililani meeting
The Mililani/Waipio/Melemanu Neighborhood Board will hold their regular monthly meeting on Wednesday, February 23 at Mililani Recreation Center III.
Board members and residents will gather to discuss a variety of community issues including monthly reports from the Honolulu Fire Department, the Honolulu Police Department, and the Board of Water Supply.
New business includes a motion in support of the proposed AT&T Wireless antenna at the Mililani High School Football Field, a resolution in support of regulating after-market car audio equipment, and a resolution in support of restoring state vector control positions and services.
The complete meeting agenda is below.
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday February 23, 2011
MILILANI RECREATION CENTER III
95-281 Kaloapau Street
I. CALL TO ORDER/ PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, Dick Poirier, Chair
II. APPROVAL OF REGULAR MEETING MINUTES OF JANUARY 26, 2011
III. COMMUNITY FORUM
A. Honolulu Fire Department
B. Honolulu Police Department
D. Board of Water Supply
E. Honolulu Rail Transit Project
F. Other Community Concerns
G. Recognition Awards
IV. PUBLIC FORUM
· Proposed AT&T Wireless antenna at the Mililani High School Football Field, Les Young, RealCom Associates
· Proposed Meheula Vista Senior Affordable Rental Project, Keith Kurahashi, GSF LLC and Eddie Ontai, Catholic Charities
V. REPORTS OF PUBLIC OFFICIALS
A. Mayor’s Representative – Tofi Mika, Jr.
B. City Council Reports – Nestor Garcia, Council Chair
C. Senator Michelle Kidani
D. Representative Marilyn Lee
E. Representative Ryan Yamane
VI. COMMITTEE AND OTHER REPORTS
A. Treasurer – Carol Siegel
B. Planning & Zoning – Doug Thomas, Chair
C. Recreation – Charlie Remington, Chair
D. Transportation – Keith Hamada, Chair
E. Civil Defense/Military – Danny Bass
F. Education – Resa Tsuneyoshi, Chair
G. Solid Waste/Hickam POL – Jessie Weinberger, Chair
H. Health & Safety/Public Health – Pua Iuli Chair
I. Recognition/Service Awards – Josie Kaanehe, Chair
J. Oahu Arts Center - Ann Freed, Chair
K. Publicity/Public Relations – Dennis Imamura, Chair
L. Telecommunications – Rodney Park, Chair
M. Chair’s Report
VII. NEW BUSINESS
· Motion in Support of Proposed AT&T Wireless antenna at the Mililani High School Football Field (Doug Thomas)
· Resolution in Support of Regulating After-Market Car Audio Equipment (boom boxes) (Ann Freed)
· Resolution in Support of Restoring State Vector Control Positions and Services (Jessie Weinberger)
· Next Board Meeting will be at Mililani Recreation Center III, Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 7:30 p.m.
· Videotape of Board meetings are scheduled to be shown on ‘Olelo Channel 54, Sundays, at Noon.
A mailing list is maintained for interested persons and agencies to receive this Board’s agenda and minutes. Additions, corrections, and deletions to the mailing list may be directed to the Neighborhood Commission Office (NCO), Honolulu Hale, 530 South King Street, Room 406, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813; Telephone (808) 768-3710 OR Fax (808) 768-3711; or call Neighborhood Assistant Nola Frank at 768-3783. Agendas and minutes are also available on the internet at www.honolulu.gov/nco