WAIKIKI—Are you yearning to enrich your relationship with your child? Longing to transform power struggles and conflict into cooperation and connection? Compassionate parenting advocate and author Ingrid Bauer will lead a Non-Violent Communication (NVC) workshop on Saturday, January 22 entitled “Parenting Matters! A Compassionate Approach.”
Bauer is certified by the global Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC), and leads the international Parent Peer Leadership Program (BayNVC). Ingrid offers international retreats and family camps as well as workshops for individuals, schools, groups, and organizations. She also offers international teleclasses through NVC Academy, parent coaching, and individual support. She has four children aged 3 to 25 years and lives with her family on an island on Canada’s west coast.
This interactive workshop for parents (or anyone who works with children) will cover the following:
- Look past a child’s difficult behaviors to discover the underlying needs and nourish connection in your family
- Learn concrete tools to respond effectively to parenting challenges
- Create a relationship with your child based on cooperation, connection and trust
- Transform your understanding of boundaries and limits
- Guide and lead without force
- Embody your parenting values in your daily interactions
- Become the parent you want to be
The workshop will be held Saturday, January 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Outrigger Canoe Club in the Duke Room, located at 2909 Kalakaua Ave.
The cost $75 per person, or $130 per couple. Bring your own lunch. Pre-register to assure your place by emailing [email protected] or calling (808) 927-9199.